Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today in the Word

I am running behind posting this today but I am finally getting a chance to sit down. In light of what is going on not far from my home (the Minister in Gainesville FL threatening to burn Korans) I thought this would be a good time to talk about Love.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:7,8

As Christians we are instructed by God to show the love of Christ through our actions and words. Threatening to burn a religious book (regardless of what religion it is) is not showing the love of Christ. It is showing hate and were hate resides love cannot. I am a Christian, I love Jesus and God is my Lord and Heavenly Father. I am ashamed and deeply saddened that someone who is supposed to be called of God would threaten to do such a thing, and do it in the name of Christianity.
On the same subject, sort of, I will say that I am adamantly against putting a Mosque at Ground Zero. I feel it is an affront and insult to those whose lives were taken there.
It is not easy to love your friends and even harder to love your enemies but that is what we are supposed to do. God will take care of those who go against him, that is not our concern or our battle. We are to love one another and to show the love of Christ-period.

No comments:

Post a Comment