Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Today in the Word

Today I would like to introduce a new element to my blog. I am going to do a scripture a day. I don't know about you but I fall into the trap of getting so busy that I don't pick up my Bible nearly as often as I should. I think that by adding this scripture post everyday it will help to ensure that I get my daily time in God's word and maybe it will help you also.
I also will add a few of my own reflections on the scripture too.

Today's scripture is John 13:34,35
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another;as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Is it hard to love others as Christ loves us? You bet it is. I find myself just as guilty as anybody of not loving others in a Christ manner (or any other way lets be honest). We irritate each other, get on each others last nerve, hurt each other with our actions and words and yes even our inactions hurt those around us. But here is the good news God knows that we will stumble in our walk with Him and He picks us up, slaps a booboo strip on our owie and loves us anyway despite our shortcomings. He also gives us more oppurtunities to share His love with others. So next time you feel that ugly feeling boiling up inside just stop, count to ten and say " I love you" it really does feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment