Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jelly soon

Well soon I will be making some grape jelly. I am looking for a good recipe that uses frozen juice concentrate. I love making jellies and jams. I love canning anything. I take great joy when I look in our canning pantry and see all the food and jellies and jams we have stored in there.

On the same general subject I am not sure what is going on with my local supplier/farmers market. I have gone by there at least a half dozen times and John is either not there or they are not open lately it has been the latter. I call and get a weird message that calls are not being taken at that number at that time. I really need to buy some veggies in bulk so that I can restock our canning pantry and John has always been real good to get what I want in the amounts I want at great prices. So I am frustrated about that.

We simply don't have the room to grow enough of our own to can. Wish we did. We do the best we can with what we got though. I grow veggies in all kinds of ways. We have fruit trees that supply plums when we have enough rain. This year has been really dry.

Hugs
cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment